Northern Ireland Assembly Election 2022
Getting there with cycling - make it happen
Our vision for cycling in Northern Ireland:
- A place where cycling is a normal way to make day-to-day journeys, rather than solely a leisure activity.
- A place where our towns, cities and rural areas have connected, safe and accessible cycle networks. as part of a wider vision for safer, healthier and happier communities.
- A place where grandparents and grandchildren alike can confidently cycle to work, school or for a coffee.
What we want from the next Stormont Assembly
- Invest in and prioritise Cycling, Walking and Wheeling – introduce an Active Travel Act, and commit 10% of the transport budget to this vision
- Safety on our roads – bring in lower speed limits and prioritise cycling in the new Road Safety Strategy
- Connect where people live, to where they work, learn and play – through safe cycle lanes and improved space for bikes on public transport
You can subscribe to our monthly cycle campaign newsletter to stay up to date and check our Cycling UK in Northern Ireland homepage to see what we’ve been getting up to!