Scotland’s Cycling and Sustainable Travel Hustings
Cycling UK in Scotland and Pedal on Parliament are hosting Scotland’s Cycling and Sustainable Travel Hustings.
Join us at the online hustings, wherever you live in Scotland, to hear what parties have to say about the role of cycling, walking and public transport in tackling the challenges of the climate emergency and post-pandemic recovery.
The aim is to give you the opportunity to question the transport spokespersons for the five main parties at Holyrood about their party’s policies for cycling and sustainable transport in Scotland.
All parties have confirmed they will attend, with some spokespeople still to be confirmed.
- Scottish National Party: tbc
- Graham Simpson, Scottish Conservatives spokesperson for transport, connectivity and infrastructure
- Alex Rowley, Scottish Labour spokesperson for transport, connectivity and infrastructure
- Mark Ruskell, Scottish Green Party spokesperson for transport
- Carole Ford, Scottish Liberal Democrats spokesperson for transport, connectivity and infrastructure
- Tuesday 20 April, 7pm - 8:30pm
- Shown live on GoToWebinar
- Q&A with the guests
- Free to attend
Cycling UK in Scotland campaigns for policies and investment which will enable more people to benefit from riding a bike. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to ride a bike in order to live a healthy, active and low-carbon lifestyle.
Pedal on Parliament (PoP) is a grassroots volunteer-led campaign pushing for better, safer and more inclusive cycling conditions for everyone of all ages and abilities in Scotland. Find out more about their election-related day of action on 24 April online.