Cycling UK in Scotland
In Scotland, Cycling UK has a development officer team who work across a range of different projects in local communities. This includes:
- The Big Bike Revival in Scotland, a national project that aims to encourage new and returning cyclists to get back on their bikes
- Community cycle club development, offering local groups support, training and guidance to run their cycling groups and activities to the benefit of their local community.
- The Belles on Bikes network, a series of women's cycling groups across Scotland.
- Play Together on Pedals, which works with families to help them start pedalling together. The fun and freedom of cycling helps children develop key life skills, brings physical and mental health benefits, and encourages families to make short journeys without a car.
- The Edinburgh All-ability Bike Centre, which works with anyone needing a little bit of extra support to get cycling. This includes older people, people with complex health conditions, disabled people and anyone else needing a bit extra support to get riding.
Latest news from Scotland
Inspiring cycling stories from Scotland
Cycle campaigning news from Scotland
Featured events in Scotland
Cycling UK continues to support the UK to cycle
This remains true during this difficult period with the ongoing threat of coronavirus Covid-19