CTC Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders
We are a member group of the national charity Cycling UK based in Edinburgh, the Lothians and the Borders.
The group used to organise three rides per week (that is in more normal times!) starting in Edinburgh and visiting the surrounding areas.
- Wednesday starting at 10am and cycling 50 to 80 miles depending on the time of year.
- Sundays starting at 10am and cycling around 40 miles
- Tuesday starting at 6.30pm in the summer – shorter – about 20 miles
Whatever bike you have – road, tourer or hybrid, you’ll be welcome on our rides; we just ask that your bike is roadworthy and, for the benefit of other riders in the group, in wet weather conditions be fitted with mudguards. You need not be a member of Cycling UK to come along on our rides to start with, just turn up and you will be made most welcome. If you wish to become a regular rider we do ask you become a member of Cycling UK. To join please go to http://www.cyclinguk.org/join
To receive email notifications of forthcoming rides around Edinburgh and the Lothians and other information, join the CTC Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders email group with Groups.io.
For cyclists based in the Borders please join our Borders Brake-away Cycling group. Email email@example.com for information on forthcoming rides
For cyclists based in the Berwick and Eyemouth areas please contact Tony Houghton: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 07854 426621
We are very excited to say that our rides programme will resume on Wednesday 2nd September!
Do note that as a condition of Scottish Cycling our governing body, approved by the Scottish Government, you need to contact to me, email@example.com to confirm you have read the guidance below BEFORE coming on a ride.
Please note that by attending a ride:
- You are self-certifying that you are well and not required to isolate or quarantine.
- You agree to maintain social distancing when not cycling. Whilst we are not required by Scottish Cycling to socially distance when riding, we would encourage you to do so.
- You agree not to share food or drink.
- You will carry a mask and hand sanitiser in case of untoward events, such as mechanicals or accidents.
- You agree to follow NHS guidelines if you become unwell after the ride.
- You will TEXT the leader by the evening before the ride to say you are coming. This allows us to make sure we have your most up to date contact details and to limit number to 15 as advised by Cycling UK.
- You are aware that Covid Coordinator (myself, Janet Ironside) will keep a record of who attended each ride for 21 days following the ride. In the event that anyone in the group develops the virus, the NHS Test and Protect team will contact the Covid Coordinator for the contact details of those on the ride.
We hope that we will be able to start to gradually build up a programme of rides on Wednesdays and Sundays again. We will be relying on the goodwill of our leaders to take this forward.
Until we are able to access Church halls etc, (we are in touch with our regular places) it’s likely that many of the rides on offer will be half day or full day with picnic if weather permits.
Information regarding the rides will be on Groups.io and our website. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Committee CTC Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders.
Remember as a condition of Scottish Cycling our governing body, approved by the Scottish Government you need to contact to me, firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have read the above BEFORE coming on a ride.