Fundraise while you shop
Fundraise while you shop
Amazon has created AmazonSmile a way for people to shop to their hearts content and at the same time support the charity of their choice.
Customers who start at smile.amazon.com will find the same Amazon shopping experience and products that they know and love, the only difference is that Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price of each eligible purchase to your chosen charity.
How can I support Cycling UK with AmazonSmile:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
3. Search for Cycling UK
4. Select Cycling UK
4. Shop to your hearts content
Does it work through the Amazon app?
Android phone users can enable AmazonSmile on their Amazon app which will make it more accessible and easier to use when shopping on the go. Every eligible purchase made through the app will then generate the donation to Cycling UK.
easyfundraising is the UK’s biggest charity shopping fundraising site
It is simple to use and is free. easyfundraising turns your everyday online shopping into free donations for Cycling UK. Just start your online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal. The retailers will then make a small donation to Cycling UK.
Some of the retailers you can shop with are John Lewis & Partners, Argos, Booking.com, Waitrose, Tesco and over 4000 more.
1. Choose Cycling UK as cause to support, then join for free
2. Visit retailers and then shop online as normal
3. Once you have paid for your shopping, your shopping raises donations for Cycling UK
eBay for Charity has partnered with the PayPal Giving Fund to make it easy for sellers to donate 10% to 100% (or as low as 1% for eBay Motors vehicles) of your item's final sale price to a certified charity.
How can you get involved?
- Select Charity- Seller picks the charity and the donation percentage when listing an item
- Sell and dispatch-Item sells, and the buyer pays full amount to seller, the seller then dispatches item to buyer, as per usual.
- Donate- Approximately 21 days after the transaction is complete, PayPal Giving Fund will automatically collect the donation from the seller’s PayPal account*
Once a month PayPal Giving Fund will combine and deliver 100% of all donations collected for that charity
What are the benefits to selling for charity?
- Items tend to sell more often and at higher prices because buyers are more willing to purchase items that benefit a charity
- Your item will stand out because we add a unique charity ribbon icon to the search view and the full details of the charity donation on the item description
- Your item will appear in searches where buyers are specifically looking for items that benefit charity
- If the item sells, your listing and final value fees will be discounted by the same percentage that you donated. For example if you donate 25% to charity then you will get a 25% discount on your listing and final value fees.
How do I add Cycling UK to my listings?
- In the listing flow, select the Donate a portion to Charity option
- Search and select Cycling UK from the list
- Select the percentage you would like to donate to charity
- You can verify the charity and donation percentage by checking the information included in the item description