Webinar: Involve me and I learn - how to communicate changes to the Highway Code
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I learn."
Forming part of a series of events for Road Safety Week that will cover a series of topics that address what we can do to make roads safer – both in “real terms” like Cycling UK’s campaigning and policy work for infrastructure and changes to the Highway Code, and in the perception of safety, by building and developing confidence in individuals so more people choose to cycle.
In this webinar we will be discussing the proposed changes to the Highway Code, and what we can do to ensure that the changes are communicated effectively to all road users. While many of the changes will make our roads safer for all, making sure these amendments are communicated effectively to all road users will be critical.
Join the expert panel to find out what might be coming next, how we can communicate these changes, and avoid presenting them as "anti-motorist" so that we can make the roads safer for everyone.
Our expert guests include:
- David Davies - Executive Director, PACTS
- Alan Hiscox - Director of Safety, British Horse Society
- Teresa Ciano - Partnership Manager, GoSafe Wales
- Keir Gallagher - Campaigns manager, Cycling UK
- Hosted by Duncan Dollimore – Head of campaigns and advocacy, Cycling UK
There will be an opportunity for Q&A with the panel.
- Thursday 19 November, 11:00
- Streamed on GoToWebinar
- Recording available to watch after the event
- Free to attend