Cycling UK in Scotland Annual Gathering
All Cycling UK members are invited to attend the Cycling UK in Scotland Annual Gathering on Saturday 27 November at the Mayfield Centre in Stirling. We'd also love to welcome non-members that would like to know more about Cycling UK!
There will be an optional led ride in the morning before the gathering, followed by a series of inspiring and informative talks, including:
- Adventure cyclist, author, podcaster and creator of CyclingEurope.org, Andrew P. Sykes: "Berwick-upon-Tweed to the Butt of Lewis: 12 Years of Cycling Europe"
- An account of her record breaking ride by women's Land's End to John o' Groats world record holder Christina Mackenzie
- Speech by Cycling UK Chief Executive Sarah Mitchell
- A look at a massive year for cycle campaigning and policy in Scotland, by Cycling UK's Jim Densham
- An update on Cycling UK's work to improve people's lives through cycling by Suzanne Forup
Tea and coffee will be available from 10.30am, with the event starting at 11am.
A free lunch of soup, sandwich and cake will be provided.
Starting at 9.30am from Stirling train station, this ride will take in historical sites from Bannockburn and Jacobite battles. The ride will be 10km at the pace of the slowest rider. Please sign up when booking.
- Please take a lateral flow test the day before the event
- If your test is positive, or if you have any Covid symptoms, please don't come
- People who are not medically exempt will be required to wear a mask, except when eating or presenting.
- Ventilation will be turned up to maximum in the venue
If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Abbess, chair of the Scottish Advisory Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!