Box Hill Social - 25 miles - 29 December
Hi everyone! Hope you are all feeling suitably merry. Here's the plan for a festive cycle on Sunday 29 December.
At 25 miles, with a couple of lovely wee hills, it should be just enough to earn a few more mince pies... Take a look here: https://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Boxhill_loop-Cycle-Route-7529.html
Sunday 29th December.
Meet at 11am at Boxhill & Westhumble train station. It's just over an hour from London Waterloo (dep 0945 £12.60) or Victoria (dep 0946 £9.50).
At the moment the weather looks okay. Bring layers, and snacks. Or even better, festive layers and festive snacks. Pub stop probable.
Our version of a cycling club means:
- A civilised start on the last Sunday of every month
- It's freeeeeee (except travel costs)
- Leaving from various different places across London
- Cycling in one of two groups; the Keen Crew (20-25kph, 60-100kms) or the Party Crew (whatever-kph, 40-60kms)
- No one gets left behind and it's totally non-competitive
- Weather dependant either arriving at a cosy pub, place to wild swim or someone’s house/boat
What to bring on our rides:
- A spare inner tube for your bike / puncture repair kit
- Whatever you need to take your wheel off to change a tyre
- A breathable waterproof top (this is Great Britain)
- Snacks - eat little and often (you're welcome to bring a sandwich or food for lunch - we try and find a shop en route as well)
- Water bottle
- And bike lights just in case in case!
Hope to see you there!