All Welcome Monthly Social Rides
On the last Sunday of the month, the London Thighs of Steel crew head out for a totally non-competitive ride in two groups - 'keen' who do 60-100km at a fast pace and 'party' who do 40-60km at a relaxed pace. The two groups usually meet up at the end for a recovery drink or some food.
We welcome all-comers!
Past rides have included Broxbourne to Cambridge and a 25 mile loop around Box Hill in Surrey.
In March and May we're planning two weekend rides a little further afield - a chance to have a taste of the full Thighs experience, complete with camping, cooking and camaraderie galore!
Alternatively, keep an eye on our Cycling UK page.
Our version of a cycling club means:
- A civilised start on the last Sunday of every month
- It's freeeeeee (except travel costs)
- Leaving from various different places across London
- Cycling in one of two groups; the Keen Crew (20-25kph, 60-100kms) or the Party Crew (whatever-kph, 40-60kms)
- No one gets left behind and it's totally non-competitive
- Weather dependant either arriving at a cosy pub, place to wild swim or someone’s house/boat
What to bring on our rides:
- A spare inner tube for your bike / puncture repair kit (one of us will have a pump)
- Whatever you need to take your wheel off to change a tyre
- A breathable waterproof top (this is Great Britain)
- Snacks - eat little and often (you're welcome to bring a sandwich or food for lunch - we try and find a shop en route as well)
- Water bottle
- And bike lights just in case in case!
See you out there!