You Can Bike Too
You can bike too is an award winning, Cycling UK affiliated centre. It is a community project supported and funded by many partners which includes Children in need, South Cambridgeshire district council, Girton town charity, Cycling Projects charity, Cambridge city council and the You Can Hub.
The centre began with Aaron's wish. His wish was to cycle with his family and friends, to experience the wind on his face as he pedalled to freedom and independence. He met Ruth, a keen Cambridge cyclist and incredible people connector, who helped Aaron fulfil his dream. Importantly the team who made the project happen are people with learning difficulties and mixed abilities, and their aim is for the whole community to use it!
Milton Country Park covers 95 acres and is located north-east of Cambridge city centre. It is built on old gravel pits and provides a natural habitat for wildlife, with large water pools and wetland areas, meadowlands, a play area and many pathways for horses riders, walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. There is a full programme of regular and special events held at the park throughout the year too.
- The park offers natural pathways for cyclists to ride on, mostly even. Please consult the map of the park.
- The centre has over 22 adapted cycles to choose from and these include tandems, trikes, recumbents and quads.
- Instructors are on hand to make sure you find a suitable bike for your needs.
- Cycle helmets are provided.
- All activities must be pre-booked.
- The centre runs various activities, both regular and drop in events. Please see their event calendar for details.
Regular activities include:
- Try It Out Tuesdays, every week until Sept 2015 then every other week, providing adults an opportunity to cycle with others and gain confidence.
- Family Fun Sundays for the whole family held every Sunday.
- Bikes for Businesses for team activity on bikes, a lunchtime ride with office colleagues or even a company event.
- Group sessions give friends an chance to cycle together, the group get dedicated access to all bikes and at least one trained instructor to give advice and tips for the duration of the ride.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
Ramp to the viewing platform
There is a Changing Places facility in the car park
Individuals: 1-hour sessions, £5 per rider/bike
Groups: 2-hour sessions, £20 per rider
Support workers ride free
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
Additional Events Support
Milton Country Park
By Bike: near NCN route 11, on local routes
By Bus: 9
By Road: off A10 and A14 junction, clearly sign posted from here
By Rail: Cambridge or Waterbeach
Open: All year.
Individuals: daily, book at least 24 hrs in advance
Tuesdays: 1:30pm til 2:30pm
Sundays:11am til 12pm