Cycling has proven to be vital for many key workers. It’s enabling them to get to work safely while maintaining social distancing guidance.
Going out for a ride is also helping people to look after their mental and physical health.
At Cycling UK we want to do our bit to help keep key workers pedalling – or getting them pedalling if they don’t have access to a working bike.
We are offering grants of up to £2,000 to independent bike shops, recycling centres and mechanics across Scotland so they can provide free cycling services to key workers.
Thanks to funding from Transport Scotland, the Big Bike Revival for Key Workers project will provide services including:
- Bike safety checks
- Servicing and repairs
- Bike and equipment loans, including delivery
- Bike accessories, such as locks, helmets and panniers.
Cycling UK will also offer support to applicants through our development officer network and an online marketing toolkit for promotion of the services you will offer free to key workers.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, download the application form.
Applications should be submitted to your local Big Bike Revival Development Officer, who can also help to answer questions and support you with your application:
- Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire (excluding Fraserburgh and Peterhead): Emma Roberts
- Aberdeenshire (Fraserburgh and Peterhead) and Moray: Anna Vince
- Argyll and Bute: Aisa Nebreda
- Central Scotland (Stirling, Dundee, Angus, Perth and Kinross, Clackmannanshire): Ralph Jessop
- East Ayrshire, East Renfrewshire, Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire: Keith Fergus
- East Lothian: Angie Kinghorn
- Edinburgh: Esmond Sage
- Falkirk: Julie Cunningham
- Fife: David Glover
- Glasgow, East and West Dunbartonshire: Eileen Hamill
- Highlands and Western Isles (Na h-Eileanan Siar): Amanda Wagstaffe
- Inverclyde and North Ayrshire: Lorna McCartney
- Orkney and Shetland: Paul Porter
- South East Scotland (West Lothian, Midlothian, Scottish Borders): Gordon Webber
- South West Scotland (Dumfries and Galloway, South Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire): Jeff Frew
Free services for key workers
Are you a key worker in Scotland looking to access free bike services? Take a look at our map to find your nearest Big Bike Revival for Key Workers location.